A friend of mine posted this flyer up on Facebook a few days ago and it got me to thinking how wonderful those people are who support all the little designers, artists and crafters out there; especially over this festive, gift giving period.
I am personally very thankful, as it means I can actually buy Christmas presents this year – I love my job, but unfortunately two year old bosses who pay in cuddles and goobery kisses don’t seem to realise that these are not something that shops will accept in exchange for extravagant toy story characters and stocking fillers. So thank you wonderful wonderful people who have chosen to give original hand-painted artwork to their loved ones this year *you know who you are!* And below are a few of my favorite sites if you are stuck for last minute ideas and would like to support some extra clever people from your community – Enjoy!
So from left to right here are some local and independant artists, designers and crafters from around Melbourne and Nz :
- I’ve been loving Rone’s girls pasted and stenciled around Fitzroy and Melbourne cities inner laneways. Now you can find limited edition screen prints by Rone and other Everfresh artists at : http://everfreshstudio.bigcartel.com/ Yyay!
- Dear Colleen has all sorts of quirky prints up on her Felt store including my fav at the mo L is for Lover and her beautiful fox illustrations : http://felt.co.nz/browse/user/dearcolleen
- Debra Fallowfield is a contempory jeweller based in Christchurch. Her rings are exquisite and would earn some serious brownie points! : http://www.contemporaryjeweller.co.nz/
- Last minute e-card, or perhaps you need a flier, invitation or business card designed in the new year? Well look no further than Wgtn illustrator and designer Adele Jackson : http://pictureitso.blogspot.com/ Oh, and she does fantastic baby portraits too!
- Extra Curricular Magazine could make a nice stocking stuffer for the crafty minded, you can find it on Felt or in craft stores around Nz : http://felt.co.nz/browse/listing/28432/Extra-Curricular-Issue-3
- These gorgeous coloured prints from Inaluxe in Melbourne would brighten up any blank wall, available on Etsy : http://www.etsy.com/shop/inaluxe
- Great downloadable patterns if you feel like a bit of DIY felt food this Christmas – its by Little cute one, up on Felt : http://felt.co.nz/browse/user/littlecute1
- Awesome zines that would nicely fill any extra spaces in your stocking… My favs are Escape from the mainland and Issues, They’re by Skulluxus : http://felt.co.nz/browse/user/
- Love these cute Longest drink tees for the little ones, plus you can find all sorts of other wonderful things by local and independent artists, all conveniently stocked at Madame Fancy Pants on Cuba st in Wellington : http://www.madamefancypants.com/
So go on, check some of these awesome people out – you know you wanna!