Its the weekend… I’m supposed to be writing a post profiling one of my fav artists Audrey Kawasaki, but I’m procrastinating - see I’m an artist not a writer. So instead here is little bit of all the things I am loving at the moment :
- Narwhals… I love these guys so much – Awesomness! I just finished the above pic this afternoon, to add to the original paintings I’ve got up for sale on my felt site : http://www.mightymouse.felt.co.nz/browse/listing/33250/Love.-Narwhals—Original-Gouache-Illustration-1-1 *I can be contacted about expressions of interest about this, or any other piece on the site by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org *Ha… Have just found some of my narwhal pics loaded up on Fuck Yeah, Narwhals! which is pretty cool – though I’m not too sure how I go about getting them to link back, or just put credit up – they can be found here : http://narwhals.pie0.me/ so if anyone knows how this can be done, I would so love to hear from you!
- Getting to show my work in Black Cat cafe, Fitzroy (It’s on Brunswick st, just down from Atomica)…. They bumped me up a space so my work will be up from the 26th of this month – Phew to actually having a stockpile of base pieces to put in for once!
- As mentioned above, Audrey Kawasaki - She has a solo show at Outre’ gallery opening on the 22nd – not only will they be showing some of her rarer prints, but there will be some brand new originals…. and what is more she will be there for opening night in person. Managed to get my name + D on the door list for this so I am super stoked!
- Sleep ins… with a 2yr old these are quite a rare thing, especially when I usually manage to trade mine for chocolate or a night out with friends. I got one this morning though and it was oh so good!
- Aerial prep class at NICA – This is Melbourne’s circus school and it happens to be in the same building where I take Tui to kindergym…. I signed up for a class a wee while ago and it just started last Monday. Was heaps of fun, not as scary as I thought and I got to hang upside down on a trapeze… need to work on my core muscles though, ouchy the next day!
- Fantastic Coffee from Ben and Daniel over at the Final step…. So lucky to have such fantastic Coffee close to us – Def. a big help when it comes to painting! Not to mention the beautiful bags their beans supplied by Seven Seeds come in…. trying to work out a way to work these into the backgrounds of some little canvases – I love the faded print of the coffee stamp, I wanna paint birds in between the leaves.
Uh huh. Now to stop putting it off and actually write this feature post… Stay tuned. x